The Development Authority of the City of Milledgeville and Baldwin County serves as our community’s primary agency for business and industrial recruitment; thus, creating quality jobs and increasing the tax base of Baldwin County. The Authority is also focused on continued assistance for companies after they locate, helping them prosper and grow. The Authority provides services to stimulate economic development and offers many different programs to facilitate and encourage development in Milledgeville and Baldwin County.
Business and industry clients and prospects receive assistance in many areas, including, but certainly not limited to:
- Access to Financing Options
- Access to State of Georgia Location, Expansion and Retention Assistance
- Maximum State of Georgia Job Tax Credits: Baldwin County is a Tier One Community offering access the greatest JTC amount offered. Credits can also be utilized against payroll withholding.
- Prepared building sites; included in a 500 Acre Industrial Park
- Available industrial buildings; including, a new 60,000 square foot Speculative Building for sale or lease
- Building Layout and other industrial engineering services
- Business council for Start Up Companies
- Ad Valorem tax liability
- Easy access to Government permitting/approval process
- Temporary office space
- Export Assistance
- Manufacturers Council
- Supplier Attraction Strategies
- 100% Freeport Exemptions on Inventories
- Access to Labor Training and Retraining Programs
The Authority is chartered under Georgia State Law as a Statutory Authority, serving both the City and the County. The Authority Board Members are appointed by the City of Milledgeville and the Baldwin County Commission. Authority activities are accomplished via an annual operating budget typically funded on a 50/50 basis by the City and County governments. Additional program funds are received via local option sales tax revenues, grants, and property sales.
Board meetings are held monthly, generally on the fourth Monday at 8:30 a.m. at the City of Milledgeville Economic Development Center, 105 E. Hancock Street, in the 2nd floor board room.