Centrally located in Georgia and the Southeast, Milledgeville offers a low-cost, pro-business environment and a trained, skilled, available workforce of more than 209,000. High quality and quantity of water and sewer capacity gives companies the opportunity to boost operations by utilizing this well managed component of Milledgeville-Baldwin County’s infrastructure.
The Water Treatment Plant capacity is currently 12.44 MGD as permitted by the Georgia Environmental Protection Division. Current demand on the Plant is 5.00 MGD with excess capacity of 7.44 MGD.
The Wastewater Treatment Plant capacity is 10.50 MGD as permitted by the Georgia Environmental Protection Division. Current load on the Plant is 4.00 MGD with excess capacity of 6.50 MGD.
Take advantage of our additional strengths, key to successful business:
- 82% of commercial markets within 2 shipping days of Georgia
- Strategic location in the heart of Georgia central to major markets at the crossroads of the state’s 1,244 miles, just over 2,000 kilometers of interstate, highway, and interchange routes.
- CSX and Norfolk Southern Railways in Baldwin County and the largest switching yard in the Southeast within 35 miles (56 km).
- Located 92 miles southeast from the busiest airport in the world, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
- Dependable energy
- Available and reliable workforce